Elementary Genocide is a documentary executive produced by award winning journalist/filmmaker Rahiem Shabazz. The documentary appeals to a wide general viewership by addressing the social, cultural, political and personal ramifications of how the federal government allots money to each state, to build prions based on the failure rate of 4th and 5th graders. In America, where half of the 4th grade is reading below grade level and more African-American males are in jail than are in college, ElementaryGenocide serves as a striking reminder of a flawed system in need of repair.
Elementary Genocide consists of candid interviews and voice-over narration culled from original interviews from professors, teachers, best selling authors, children, parents, celebrities, etc. A few notable appearances are made by Dr. Umar Abdullah Johnson, Dr. Boyce Watkins, Supreme Understanding, Dr. Torrence Stephens, Tracey Syphax, Killer Mike, Kadidra Stewart, Edward M. Garnes Jr., Okorie Johnson and Sistah Iminah.
Rahiem Shabazz continues the conscience-raising dialogue generated by his acclaimed documentary Elementary Genocide: The School To Prison Pipeline with his equally hard-hitting Elementary Genocide 2: The Board of Education vs The Board of Incarceration. Featuring interviews with noted educator and Black psychologistDr. Umar Johnson, Chief Juvenile Court Judge Steven C. Teske, fearless former U.S. Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, former political prisoner and Black Liberation Army co-founder Dhoruba bin Wahad, popular social commentator Dr. Boyce Watkins, award-winning education reformer Dr. Steve Perry and more, The Board of Education vs The Board of Incarceration uncovers the true purpose of today’s educational system and how it’s failing the African child. Going beyond the school-to-prison pipeline headlines and conspiracy theories, The Board of Education Vs. The Board of Incarceration proves that something sinister is afloat by digging deep to explore its origin, its existence and how to plot its destruction to save every Black child.
- Letter To Our Contributors & Supporters March 20, 2017As you know we are in the final phase of post-production and are in need of securing funds to reach our goal. We would like to thank all who donated and those with future plans on donating. Without, the generosity of so many this would not be possible. Since we solely rely on donations from […]Rahiem Shabazz
- Necessary Blackness Podcast Ep. 11 March 10, 2017This week on Necessary Blackness Podcast, Rahiem Shabazz talks about Ben Carson likened slaves to immigrants during a staff speech. He also pays tribute to Radical Civil Rights Lawyer, Lynne Stewart who died at the age of 77. If you want to reach us you can email us at NecessaryBlackness@Gmail.comRahiem Shabazz
- Necessary Blackness Ep. 10: Spiritual Weaponry For Challenging Times March 1, 2017Necessary Blackness Podcast sits down with Dr. Keira Taylor to discuss “Spiritual Weaponry For Challenging Times”. Spirituality is a term we often hear, but sometimes we have a hard time grasping the concept. Learn about the ancient African Spiritual Systems and why was it so important to our ancestors.Rahiem Shabazz
- Elementary Genocide 3: Academic Holocaust 1st Look Trailer March 1, 2017Elementary Genocide 3: Academic Holocaust is the latest installment in the award winning documentary series. We seek to explore how the “Murder In The Streets, Same As Intellectual Murder In The Classroom”. The documentary features notables such as Prof. James Small, Kaba Keme, David Banner, Shahrazad Ali, Michael Imhotep and many more. […]Rahiem Shabazz
- PSA: Tonight At 6 PM 1st Look Trailer For EG 3 March 1, 2017Today, we are releasing the 1st look trailer for “Elementary Genocide 3: Academic Holocaust“.Rahiem Shabazz